Out of work at the end of May, in my 2nd trimester-help!

Due in September. we are moving in June, I am looking for a new job in the area, but I see I will not be eligible for maternity leave (need to be employed for longer than 4 months) I may qualify for unemployment when I leave my current company. If I do qualify, should I continue to look for a new job? or just stay on unemployment? Are there other options for me? Does anyone know what I should do? we need 2 incomes! help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well you can always try to get any job. I know it will be tough, but usually jobs in the food industry look the other way when employing someone who is pregnant and due soon. Unfortnately you won't get paid maternity leave, but you can still take the time off needed. If you need 2 incomes then just don't be picky when it comes to what job to take. I also reccomend saving as much money as you can until you leave your current job. Good luck!
    danyle02

Answer by danyle02 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• From my experience you can't quit and qualify for unemployment. With my first I was let go from being a CNA when I was 5 mo b/c I couldn't lift more than 100lbs unassisted. My employer thought that was unacceptable. So I did get unemployment. With this one I'm being let go the first week in June and I'm due July 24th. I told DH to be ready to support us, since nobody will hire me in the middle of my 3rd trimester. Laws may differ from one state to another I'm in WI
    Anonymous