Is this going to be a good sign of labor SOON? (im 40wks today)

well lastnight i was crying from being in pain
ive had contractions all day today but their about 20 minutes apart each
I cleaned like CRAZY today
theres sooo much pressure on my vag
and im having trouble getting into a vehical now because my vag feels HUGE

im 2cm dilated and about 80% effaced
and if i dont have this baby by monday their inducing my tuesday. They said it would be the "appropriate thing to do"

so...you think labor could be coming on sooner with symptoms? i know none of you are doctors but all of you that have kids already know the feeling..

Also, shes getting pretty active too..she just had the hiccups in my belly!! =D

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 5:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have sex lol
    Anonymous

• I would say it will probably happen soon. I had contractions all day with my second. Then my water broke, and the contractions got unbearable, but I knew to go to the hospital anyway since my water broke. With my first child, I had contractions for several hours the day before my child was born but they stopped. The next day nothing happened until I went to bed. I awoke about an hour after I went to bed with contractions that hurt like hell. I knew I needed to get to the hospital because I couldn't bear the pain. My water broke while I was going to the bathroom at the hospital. So, I think it will be very soon for you!
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• It is really hard to tell. Just take long walks and try not to think about it alot to relax your body to be ready to go into labor. I was 5cm dialated and 100% effaced since i was 7 months pregnant with my first child and he ended up being 3 days early.
    danyle02

Answer by danyle02 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• The contractions I had all day I was talking about with both of my kids were not consistent in time and were sometimes 30 minutes (more or less) apart, and they weren't unbearable. Just reread my answer & didn't want to give you the wrong impression.

Go take a long walk, and yeah, I'm with the other lady......Have sex!
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• well my doctor said sex wont really do us any good because my cervix is completely ripened?

so idk what to do now
    and i walk 24/7 lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 5:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Girl you know when i was feeling like that 4 weeks ago my doc told me to get on all 4's and dance my hips which will bring the baby down more and the vag will get less pressure and the babys head will pass thre your hip bone easier and when you are giving birth it won';t be so painful cause you helped the baby moved down futher ( just give it a try i know it sounds gross
    Anonymous

• If you have an orgasm it will help bring on contractions and may make them more regular.

Besides your poor hubby is not going to get any for the several weeks...GO HAVE SEX!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Well all I can remember from when I went into labor is my contractions felt like I had diarrhea, and they baby was moving barely any. Its sounds like you will go soon, let us know if anything changes and if that baby slows down!!! Other than that you will just have to wait it out!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Having an orgasmand taking a long walk may speed up things for you. You are almost there :)
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 6:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2009