CPS was called on me for not having running water and electricity.

Obviously it is a ridiculous accusation!! The person that made the false report is basically stalking me. Anywhooos...they came out and made sure we have water and elec and took pictures, etc. They also gave me a drug test; which I no is fine. my mom says that the test will also include alcohol. I drank a few margaritas like 3 days ago and now I am worried. This is making me such a nervous wreck and I am going crazy. I'm not thinking straight either.

Does the drug test include alchol from a few days ago?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• CPS does different things in every state and even different things in every office. So stop scaring this woman thinking there is a problem. There is no need to hire an attorney unless they contact you again. It is their job to follow up on EVERY possible situation. They don't know you so of course they are going to handle this situation like they would any other person. Who knows exactly what the person said when they reported you. Technically, CPS can't tell you all the details, just a general reason for being there. That person might have said you had your utilities cut off because you spent your money on drugs. It might be standard procedure or it might be because of the claim the person made. It doesn't matter. As long as you are innocent, don't worry about it too much. If they contact you again, then call an attorney.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:27 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Alcohol doesn't stand in your system for that long, it's fine. As long as you weren't drinking with your kids around, it's not a big deal. But the drug test won't show that.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 5:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• It takes an hour for each drink you had to be out of your system. You should be fine :)
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I don't think drinking with your kids around is an issue unless you were abusing or neglecting them in the process.
    Anonymous

• OP - Oh THANK GOD! I'm telling you ladies, I am not thinking straight. This has upset me so badly!
    Anonymous

• OP - DD was at home with DH and I was out to dinner with friends.
    Anonymous

• If drinking with your children around is so bad then why do they serve alcohol in family restaraunts and have beer gardens in amusement parks?

You will be fine =)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• What doesn't make any sense is that they wanted a drug test even when they could see you had water and electricity. And what's up with the picture taking? Is there more to the story? It doesn't sound like they're going to close the case anytime soon.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 5:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• OP - They took a picture of my daughter and a picture of her crib and a picture of water running in the kitchen sink. They said that me passing a drug test would prevent them from havign to come back out if another call was made.
    Anonymous

• I think what they're testing for when it comes to alcohol is your blood-alcohol content. If your BAC is really high, then obviously that's something to worry about, but that would only happen if you're completely toasted. A few margaritas from a few days ago won't even show up on something like that. Don't worry, you'll be fine :)
    And to isabellelecour: I'm sure it's just standard procedure. Whenever someone calls CPS, I think they have to take pictures and drug test, for their records. In this society, government agencies have to be extra thorough!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 5:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2009