my 13 month girl has been so difficult to feed lately, she won't sit in her high chair(tries to climb out) and is spitting out everything I feed her. What can I do to improve this situation

how can i stop her from climbing out of her high chair?

stressednewbie

Asked by stressednewbie at 5:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have patience, Mom! Toddlers are not good at sitting still. Give her food that she can feed herself: hunks of cooked sweet potato, frozen peas, pieces of scrambled egg, chunks of avocado and tofu, little bits of whatever you are eating. She won't be able to sit through a meal until around two. Between 1 and 2 she may never eat a meal, just graze all day; this is normal and healthy. Just be sure that she drinks plenty of water and eats nutricious foods.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• strap her in, also do you feed her the same time you guys eat?
    Anonymous

• strap her in...also maybe change what your giving her she might be tired of pureed food, if that's what your giving her. Good luck! They also have those seats that go in a regular chair she might likes those, safety first has one for 20-30 bucks.
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i do strap her in but she a expert escape artist and worms her way out of it. The high chair I have goes around both legs and meets in the middle. And i always feed her when we eat. She takes a a bite or 2 and then tries to get out...... and then she started to spit it out now......... my fam says to ignore it. But I am scared shes not getting the nutrients she needs. Or getting enough food.
    stressednewbie

Answer by stressednewbie at 6:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I don't feed her pureed food haven't from the beginning she didn't like the jarred stuff so started feeding her my food since she was 7months. She has always eaten it until now. She just starts spitting it out..... except the toast in the morning. that she eats it all
    stressednewbie

Answer by stressednewbie at 6:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2009