Do any moms here have good methods on how to potty train a girl toodler (2yrs.old)?

blessedmom415

Asked by blessedmom415 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i made a sticker chart for my dd.... it was like a calender & on the days she'd use the potty i'd put a sticker on her chart and give her one & it worked, she was potty trained in a month.....
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Just take her to the bathroom every 2 hours in the beginning. For like the first week or so, and make sure you are close to a bathroom. Don't go on long trips. Be consistent. And don't use "pull ups", let her use real underwear. It symbolizes the transition, and if she does have an accident, she will feel it being wet, and understand that it is not a pleasant feeling to be wet. Good Luck.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 6:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Sorry, mine was four (learned to read and tie her shoes at the same time she gave up diapers,though)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I bought my 2 yr old dd a potty and sat in the bathroom. I would take her in with me in the morning. Then, she started going by herself every morning and it slowly increased to more times a day. I just left the potty in the bathroom.
    alainas_mommy06

Answer by alainas_mommy06 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I used the same method for boys and girls.  It took my son 8 days at 19 months.  I used this method with about 24 different toddlers during my 20 years as a professional nanny.  It really, really works well.  I wrote a blog today about it.  I hope it helps.

http://raisingrocco.today.com/2009/04/23/potty_trained_under_two/

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 8:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2009