my midwife has not done ne thing that i thought she would i have not had my stomach measured to see if the baby is growing right an she has not let me kno if my baby is gaining the weight that he is supposed to???? wat should i do

caydens_mama09

Asked by caydens_mama09 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• why don't you ask her when she plans to do those things?
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• How far along are you?
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 5:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I am lost?! You want her to be more hands on?
    Fundal height doesn't show correct growth and can be off by a lot. Also, most doctors don't even do those measurements until 20 weeks. What do you want her to do, bring up your concerns with her?!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Sounds like your midwife is doing just fine. Fundal measurements aren't needed as they vary daily from the baby's constant change in position. Weight estimates are also not needed as they also tend to be inaccurate a vast majority of the time. If you're honestly concerned or you really want to know, then all you have to do is tell her.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 6:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I agree these don't sound like necessities. Talk and find out why. Its better to communicate things so you are on the same page.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• dont be afraid to ask questions. the begining of pregnancy is waaaaay less eventful than one would imagine. even if you go to the dr it seems like youre the only one who seems to care that youre pregnant. and everything that happens to you is just a result of the pregnancy too haha. but dont worry, just ask her to let you know where the baby stands on the growth chart and to keep you better informed cuz you want to be a part of this whole thing. good luck!
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 6:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2009