Malabsorption Problems?

Hi my son is 16 months old, he has malabsorbption problems. His body is not absorbing fats or carbohydrates, so he has very loose stools several times a day which stink SO BAD! He also had asthma and tons of resp. sickness off and on. They thought he had Cystic Fibrosis, his sweat test came back fine. So we go to the GI next week but I was just wondering if any other mom's have had this problem?

TiffysBabies

Asked by TiffysBabies at 5:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Health

• bless you, this is a very difficult problem, I pray you'll have a good specialist for his needs.
    Anonymous

• i do not know if this is the same thing, but here goes. I breastfed Dd and at 9 months i started her on baby foods. at this point she started having very loose stools and an inverted rectum. They did a cystic fibrosis test and it was fine. Ped. said to stop all jarred baby foods, go back to nursing for a few weeks. and then introduce solid food again. But never any jarred baby foods because it has preservatives which he felt she was allergic to. Only gave her foods that i cooked and stayed away from deep orange vegetable for a little while. this did the trick for us. so maybe it is the preservative in the foods he is eating. since then i have been keenly aware of the food we eat and try to eat as natural as possible. Now, i have found a product that removes heavy metals and toxins from our body. easy to use 3 drops 3 times a day. People have also gotten relief from asthma taking this product. Message me for info

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 6:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2009