Potty Training in One Day - The Complete System For Girls

http://www.pottypatty.com

Has anyone ever used this?

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 5:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've heard of a method like this... it was developed in the 70s. There are lots of quick training programs. I thought they were all pretty gimicky, but I had a friend who actually did a 3-day program that really worked, and I read up on it and it didn't seem gimicky like the others, just made sense with my parenting style. Not because it was faster, just the method made more sense to me. I haven't read the e-book of the woman who designed it because other moms gave plenty of advice on the "Potty training moms" group on CM -- you should check it out. That way you don't have to give anyone your money :) The gist is that you go straight to underwear and do nothing but potty training for 3-4 days. You let them play and as they start to have an accident you move them to the potty and reward any time something lands in there. It actually really worked for my daughter at 19 months. She successfully trained in about a week..
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• WOW MY DAUGHTER IS 22MTHS I THINK I'M GOING TO GO BUY A POTTY TOMORROW!
    caley_0321

Answer by caley_0321 at 3:14 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I've never tried that, but heard that it's similar to what I did.  My son was out of diapers in 8 days at 19 months.  I used this method with my older son and many children over a 20-year period as a professional nanny.  It is more realistic for it to take 1-2 weeks in my experience.

Here is the blog I wrote today:

http://raisingrocco.today.com/2009/04/23/potty_trained_under_two/

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 8:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2009