How can i help to get my labor going?

I heard nipple stimulation works. How are you suppose to do it? And are there any other idea's?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have sex.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 6:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• honestly, mama, just try and wait till the baby is ready. I was one day away from being 41 weeks, and two days away from the dr. appt where he was going to schedule an inducement. I spent the day ( a friday) performing reflexology on my ankles, massaging them. (theres a connection between the ankles and uterus). I had loose bowels a few hours latr and felt...I dunno...kinda funny. that night SO and I had sex. a couple hours later I had the most intense contractions come out of nowhere. 3 am I had him drive us to the hospital and I had our son later that afternoon. so reflexology works. many also have used castor oil, but you will get the sh*ts and having them and labor at the same time I'm sure isnt fun. either that or you'll just end up puking.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• hmmm I don't know. I nursed throughout my pregnancy and my son was born on his due date... I heard of some people who nursed while pregnant whose babies were late. Anyways, walking up and down stairs helps, swimming just staying healthy.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• hun...im 40weeks, lastnight i was pouring my eyes out in pain...im never comfortable...i cant breathe sometimes...im a really tiny girl with a baby belly....and trust me...NOTHING has worked for me..i litterally tried EVERYTHING...i even had them strip my membranes and STILL nothing..

nipple stimulation will give you painful contractions and MIGHT make you dilate

i hope your far along lol...

i gave up on trying to get baby out...idc when she comes out as long as its before tuesday cuz thats when im getting induced...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 7:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2009