Men and "head games"

It seems to me that when a man says "I want a girl who doesn't play games", that they end up being the ones who do so the most. Anyone else had this experience???

theRonimal

Asked by theRonimal at 6:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Hmmm... I do know that a red flag with some people is that if they strongly accuse their partner of something, they are often guilty of it in themselves. I think people will project their own biggest fears on their partner. Sadly, someone who plays games probably doesn't even realize they are doing it. Then if their partner does it back - they get very upset about it oblivious to how they contributed. My close friend just went through this with her boyfriend (now ex because he dumped her for things he perceived she did that he was way more guilty of).
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Exactly, kathy. Well said!
    theRonimal

Answer by theRonimal at 6:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I'll answer this in two parts. Too True. I had a man tell me that he didn't want any "drama". We went on vacation together. After being so "into us"...later switched the drama included him taking photo's of tourists showing off their racks at the bar.  He acted like it was the most amazing event and he was the paparazzi. Apparently he was a "boob" man.
    massagegiftmom

Answer by massagegiftmom at 1:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Anyway, I thought it was disgusting, I was offended. I thought we were on vacation not on vacation with his love of boobs. I didn't say anything & left the bar. I told him when he tried to talk to me that our friendship was over and I had no desire whatsoever to pursue any kind of relationship with him. I got my own cab back to the airport and he said I was being so dramatic. More like quiet silent and angry. If he wanted drama I would have called him out on all his stupid boyish spring breakish behavior or torn him a new one. Anyway I haven't talked to him since. He tries to contact me off and on. Talk about drama, he's the one that was all dramatic about it after, & wouldn't let it go. Drama him, yes. Me, no thank you.

massagegiftmom

Answer by massagegiftmom at 1:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My DH says that his ex accused him of cheating on her. He never cheated on her ever. She cheated on him multiple times. So that first comment rings true, he told me once insecure partners will call out their insecurity's while highlighting what they themselves really are up to. It's crazy.
    Doesn't play games, meaning...what just sit there while you lie? Look the other way...what games?
    The only games I play are video or board games buddy. Grow up I would say to that one. I'm sorry that your struggling with this, hopefully you'll have a breakthrough.
    massagegiftmom

Answer by massagegiftmom at 1:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2009