For anyone that believes homosexuality is wrong and sinful...

Do you teach your children this? If so, how does that conversation go?
What if they are gay? Are you worried that your judgements on this matter will effect them?
(please don't say " my child will not be gay" or anything related)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I honestly believe that God created us all differently,with a plan for each of us,and LOVE is a God Given thing! I dont think that God would create LOVE between two people if he did not intend for them to explore it. I DONT believe that homosexuality is a choice-if it was a CHOICE-why would they chose it? Think of how hard they fight everyday, how many have a hard time being honest about it, how many try to hide it-if it was a choice i dont think they would be ashamed and embarrassed by it...
    I dont think you can help who you love,and i dont believe you should have to. Ive honestly learned a lot by watching some of my homosexual friends-how hard they fight and what they go through to be with the person that they love...I want a love like that. Someone who would fight for me like that...
    If my Child told me he was gay,id support him and love him just the same!! Hes still my Child, and IS STILL A child of GOD...
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 7:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• if my dd told me she was gay, i'd try to show her it's wrong & a sin
    Anonymous

• i don't understand how you could say something like that about your child? if they are gay, do you think it's b/c they just woke up one day and said ok i'm going to be gay? ummm i don't know any people that had it work that way. so would you not accept it either, if she was gay? would you decide not to allow her to be around you or other family members b/c if its a sin for her to be gay, wouldn't being around her and accepting be one too? i just don't understand in a world were so many other things are accepted or looked past, how people can feel that they have to teach their children that gays are wrong.
    OP i guess that kind of answers the question from my point of view i don't think its a sin in the first place so not an issue.
    Anonymous

• I am a christian and I do not believe anyone is born gay. I teach my children to love everyone... no matter what is going on in there lives. My husband's bestfriend is gay and I love her just the same. I don't beleive that God made her gay, I believe its a sin.... and we are all born with sin. As far as my kids... they are very young right now, but I will teach them what the bible says about it. That they should love everyone, but that they are living a life of sin (just the like adulterer, drug addict, thief, liar, etc). We are all sinners but God loved us anyways.... even though we did not deserve it. I hope they live by my example and show God's love and compassion to anyone.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• So let me ask you, Precious, if sexuality is a choice, when did you choose to be straight?
    Anonymous

• I will teach my son that it is wrong. I will also teach him that people sin all the time!! So I may think its wrong and a sin but I do not treat them with disrespect. Heck I live by a city that hangs rainbow flags everywhere!!!! They show me respect and I show them respect.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 6:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• if mine said they were gay, I would love them treat them the same but also let them know God did not create them that way. If they were young we would go to counseling. If they were older I would just love them and listen if they wanted to talk. and of course pray... but I'd pray for my children anyways.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I never said it was a choice... I said God didn't create anyone gay. He created man and woman for eachother.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• People are not born GAY! The world today and what they see on tv or at school has a hand in it. Its a choice!
    Anonymous

• 6:41, are you completely uneducated? Homosexuality has been around since before TV and school. Since before Christianity, even.
    Anonymous