How soon after sex can you take a pregnany test? I really need to know this thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can take the test when you miss your period. if you take it earlier it may come back with a false neg. and would also probably be just a waste of money b/c you have to be far enough along for the test to detect the hormone levels which is normally around the missed period.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Wait ten days. If it is negative and you don't get your period, take another one. If it's still negative, wait five days and take it again. By then it should be accurate.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• It depends on when you ovulated. You should test 14 days after ovulation (when your period is due). As far as from the last time you had sex? If you simply had sex and do not know when you ovulate, simply wait until your period is due.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 6:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• the best HPT detect the pregnancy hormones as soon as 4 days before your expected mestrual bleeding. If you want to take the test so soon make sure that you use the urine in the morning (the one after night).
    Good luck
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 6:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• One more idea - if you want to know really fast you can book a visit with your health practitioner and ask for blood test - more accurate.
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 6:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Waiti...
    Yeah, it's not wise to take one right after sex. It is an honest waste of money. The fertilized egg wouldn't even have had time to go thru just the beginning stages of conception. I didn't get a positive until I was nearly 6 or 7 weeks along., and the conception date was put around Jan. 3. I had taken a test on January 10/11th and got a negative but on Feb.14 I got a positive. Go figure, right? but I would definitely wait a few weeks. I even had the fancy Clear Blue Easy test.lol
    Waiting4Oct.10

Answer by Waiting4Oct.10 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2009