• In the Spotlight:

Flirting/Cheating

Is flirting cheating on somone?What really is flirting?

Miszross

Asked by Miszross at 6:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• i don 't think so. i'm a flirt and so is my husband. going beyond just simple flirting though would bother me and i wouldn't do it myself. so when i say no, i'm including: flattery, calling someone sweetie (i call everyone sweetheart and babe, i picked it up as a waitress guys tip more then and kids like it too so it works for all tables and well it carried into normal life after a few years of it), and things along those lines. touching hands, etc...that is too much, but i still wouldn't consider it cheating. cheating is an emotional (expressing things to someone of the opposite sex that should be shared with your SO) or physical thing for me.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i believe flirting is not cheating but it opens the door to temptation and can def lead to cheating!
    Anonymous

• as long as you take no action on it, and dont honestly have any intent with it then I think no. If I kinda "flirt" with the guy in the nice car just to see if he will flirt back then I dont think it really matters. If I get his number and start texting him than that is a different story
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 6:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

I completely agree w anon
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• HunnysFarAway, I totally agree.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 6:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I don't think flirting is cheating but If my husband was flirting he would be wrong and in trouble
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• If your husband is in trouble for flirting then obviously you think it's cheating.

I'll be completely honest and say that I think flirting is cheating. I need to gain trust and not be so jealous but at this point in my relationship I do think that flirting is cheating.
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 9:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I don't think it's cheating. To me flirting is just being overly nice to someone, most people do it without even thinking about it.
    roni2911

Answer by roni2911 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2009