This is for all who believe in a god whether or not it is the Christian God.

We can all agree that everything in this world severs a purpose. From the animals to the plants it is made in order to enrich the lives of everything around it, and keep everything functioning in proper order.

Answer me this. To what purpose does changing your sex or being a homosexual, and cosmetic surgery truly serve???

I would really love to hear your point of view.

I know God made everything on our earth for our enjoyment, and to fulfill our needs. As long as they are within his laws. They too serve a purpose. Men and women need one another in order to breed. Animals are meant to help us with food,clothing, and companionship.(In a non gross way.)We were made for the same reason we have children. So God may love us and watch us grow. So that we may glorify him by turning to him in all situations and praise him for this glorious world.(Meaning we show him our love and appreciation.)
Can you give me an actual answer?

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 6:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • Everything that is created is to glorify the Lord. Changing ones sex is just another form of rebellion. No matter how we feel about ourselves our feelings are always subject to change. We can discern what is wrong and right by the Holy Spirit. That isn't legalism. God is extends grace to us all regardless of our sin. Being tormented by not knowing who you are is a tool to take the focus off Christ. If you seek the Lord your purpose in life will become clearer. And when you accept this wonderful loving God you will be content with how he created you. If you have a condition that requires surgery like a breast reduction that would alleviate a physical pain or condition that's just medicine. No matter we still can reach out to all to seek the Lord and love them no matter what.

Vivian63

Answer by Vivian63 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• The purpose for gender reassignment is to make the person feel more comfortable in their own skin. Not everyone is born feeling like they are supposed to be the gender they were born as. And I really don't think God has anything to do with it. If you want my honest opinion, I think it is more of a cell-memory thing then anything.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Good question!! I would like to know too!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 6:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Two out of the 3 i dont believe in. but homosexuality is a tricky question. Im not for it, dont get me wrong.... but im not against it either. Way i see it is God created us all differently, with different things in mind for each of us....
    Why would he create love between two people if he never meant for them to explore it?
    Ive seen some of the most religious homosexuals.... They cant help who they love or who they are, and i dont believe homosexuality to be a choice, because so many of them are ashamed and embarrassed-why would they "chose" that type of lifestyle?
    I am christian, and i believe he made us all different, and I dont believe it is up to us to judge someone for something that they cant help.
    sex changes is people trying to play God-and thats wrong. just like chosing gender and features that your unborn child will have.and cosmetic-thank u society.-but its NOT OK. God made you who you are for a reason!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 6:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Well, I don;'t think they are doing it to SERVE anything outside of themselves. Its to probably stop the torment they feel in their minds about who they are. They just want representation on the outside of what they feel on the inside. This statement is more of a factual statement and not based upon MY personal feelings about homosexuality. Its just the way it is. I doubt the first thing on their minds is "how can I serve my fellow man with my sex change"? Did you include cosmetic surgery in that?? I come out swinging about that. I had a breast reduction that was considered cosmetic and serving a greater purpose, I don't know, but it sure as hell made me feel a lot better. I am a christian, I love God and the things of God, but I am not going to get all religious and hung up about whats right and whats wrong in these areas. What goes on in my heart is what God is concerned with....This legalism is why people reject God.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I think the truth of the matter is we live in a fallen world. God created Heaven and Earth and they were perfect. Earth was paradise and all things on it were for the good of man and woman.
    Then sin entered the Garden of Eden and mankind and the earth became corrupt.

In man's corrupt state of mind, all forms of sin have become everyday events. Man was made to have a sexual relationship with a woman. One woman. He has deviated from that many ways: Sex with prostitutes, sex with men, sex with multiple women, sex with more than one person simultaneously, sex with animals...

It is sin, that is my answer. It is not God's will, but man's.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I believe people are born in the wrong body (gender) so a sex change makes them feel more like who they are supposed to be. They are just more at peace living with their reassignment surgery, instead of feeling like a freak in the wrong skin. It is odd but if they feel better, I don't care. I can't imagine what it would be like to feel like I should be a man but born a woman and vice versa.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• To what purpose does changing your sex or being a homosexual, and cosmetic surgery truly serve??

Diversity, happiness , self acceptance to name a few things. God created everything for a reason, your right.

We are all diverse and unique in our own way. Some fit in the 'norm' and some don't. If you accept all of God's creatures they were created, for whatever reason, you will enjoy your world even more. Our lives are journeys. Those unique people you meet along your journey are amazing and make the world a much better place. As for the people that fit into the categories you mentioned... if not for any other purpose, there actions have and will lead even further to a more peaceful, accepting, less judgemental world. IMO God has no LAW, God love the transsexuals, homosexuals and everyone the same. However, God supports them through their pain caused by judgemental people.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 6:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I agree with timelessglass
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• So you are saying God made us to be self serving and unappreciative?

I will never agree with that.

mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2009