TEENAGE DAUGHTER

My teenage daughter lost her best friends. They stopped being reason for the most common reason
GUYS.
She lost her boyfriend, because a lot of people went up to him and told him she was cheating on him.

Is there anything I can do for her to help make her heart heel?
She comes home everyday, as sad as can be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Was she cheating on him? You didnt explain that part.

Teens can be cruel and if these are the kind of friends she has... she is better off making new ones that will stick by her no matter what. She is going through some growing pains as well. I hope she feels better soon! It is not fun being alone for too long!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• No she didn't and she promised that she didn't. And she hasn't had the best opportunity to make new friends because she is shy! She doesn't like sports either :(
    Anonymous

• have a girls day, if she isn't a talker with you she may open up. go window shopping, get your nails or hair done, go to lunch just do something with her. but don't bug her about talking about it, she will when she is ready, the more you bug her the more shes going to pull away from you and not talk to you about any of it. my mom was the one that always nagged me about everything so i never talked to her b/c she drove me nuts.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• We got her eyebrows done.. her hair cut with bangs.. her nails done..
    and she's still really sad.
    He meant everything to her and now she's just like..
    A whole new person?
    I don't know what to do!
    Anonymous

• I have a unique daughter who makes all kinds of friends. When she lost some then they werent usually worth keeping. I also tell her I understand how devastating this is RIGHT NOW, but it is after all just high school. I did have her in sports, church and always took her to childrens activities so there is always opportunity to meet more people.
    Vivian63

Answer by Vivian63 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Tell her that if they were her true friends, they would not have done what they did. They were never her friends. As for the boyfriend, she will get over it and she will find someone else. Give her time. Get her into activites to meet new people. She could volunteer at church, for charities (ex: Relay for Life--American Cancer Society fundraiser). Find things she likes and go from there. If she likes crafts, find craft clubs, reading then find bookclubs.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I hate to say it but she will live and learn. Rumors are so terrible in HS and life altering. I lost almost everyone when I told my best friend that her boyfriend was a no good cheater because I saw him with another girl. He told all these lies about me to her and everyone and no one would talk to me. They were so mean and I lost my boyfriend too because of it. I just wanted to leave and never come back. They are most likely jealous of her in some way and need to make themselves feel better about them. Sorry she is having such a hard time now because of this. I feel for her. But just let her know to stay true to herself and be better than that. Karma is a $#&%*. Sorry I don't have any ideas to help. Tell her to stay strong!!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Just be there for her and listen to what she has to say. Spend some mother and daughter time together. Teenagers are full of drama.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 11:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Solitude can be a good thing. Why don't you buy her some good books on teen sexuality and read those with her? EVERY YOUNG WOMAN'S BATTLE is a very good one. Most teens are getting involved in the adult world way too soon, so maybe this is a very good thing. It really sounds like she is not yet ready for all the cut-throat competition that is the norm of our day. I see this as an opportunity for you to give her some training for adulthood.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It will pass. Just make sure that she doesn't get depressed. Sadness is very normal for teens..especially girls. Also, I wouldn't dwell on it too much. If you do, she may stay that way for the extra attention.
    And I tell my girls that the boy they are dating will either be with them for life or they will break up. There are only two options. So you can't worry or dwell on the outcome either way.
    Anonymous