Okay I gotta ask it.... what do you think of Plan B (the morning after) pill being sold to minors?

Do you think it is good and will keep down the percentage of teen mothers?
Should a minor be legally responsible to make that choice without her parents knowledge?
Or is it a violation of parental rights?
Do you think a teenage minor is not emotionally mature enough to make such a decision?
Should the government even have a say so in who pharmacists are allowed to sell Plan B to?
What do you think the pros and cons of this will be?

AnnaMac

Asked by AnnaMac at 7:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 7:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I don't know if it will really make a difference than the way it already is. Most 17 year old know someone who is 18 and will buy the plan b for them. Kinda like cigarettes. They just have someone older buy it for them.
    Anonymous

• well, I understand you wondering whether or not a 17 yr old is mature enough to have the option to get plan b.... if you have to ask that it seems like you've already answered the question about whether they are old enough to be a parent! I'm not saying it's a good thing, but these days 17 yr olds are very often sexually active and although I don't LIKE either of the options, I'd rather see a 17yr old get the pill than have an abortion....
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 7:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I agree with stepmom929
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I think it is bad. It just gives teens another reason to make stupid choices because they won't have to face any consequences. I don't see the morning after pill as any different than abortion. Life starts at conception. Our kids are being raised to take the easy way out, to not man up to their responsibilities, and to devalue life.
    Anonymous

• You can't give an aspirin to a minor at school why should they be able to get an abortion inducing drug!
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• girls that age can have an abortion with out consent from their parents. so the pill to me seems a better option considering there is no surgery required. and i believe at the age of 15 a child can speak to a doctor and the doctor doesn't have to tell the parents what the child has to say. therefore this is really just kind of slow in coming, i would have expected it sooner. i think its better that they have options there than to have surgery, adoption or raising the baby themselves
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I think it is wrong. In my state a student (even one that is already 18) cannot take tylonel in school or any perscription pill without the school nurse giving it to them. Even if it is a lifesaving medicine for asthma or seizures or severe allergies they have to walk acrossed campus to be seen by the nurse who then decides whether or not the student is allowed to take their medicine. Also in my state there is no doctor-patient privacy if the patient is under 18. So a 15 year old cannot go get an abortion or even a perscription with out their parents consent.
    Anonymous

• well this is comin from a teen mom so you get it from the source yes i think it should be sold to minors because not all moms take care of things like you know the sex talk and birth control and condoms and seriously teens will and still make dumb decions if its birth control or not and if they want then let them have it becuase if they cant get it there going to be like me a teen mom at 13 and im not saying that in a bad way becuase i love being a mom but if teens really want to have sex and they cant get birth control there just goin to get pregnant and most likely hide it so just get it over with and give them the pill
    morganmommie

Answer by morganmommie at 7:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I think that it's good. If the parents already did a shitty job raising the kids who are going to use Plan B, let's NOT give them another generation to screw up.
    Anonymous