Had a hysterectomy 11 years ago and when I have sexual intecourse there is bleeding?

For the past 9 years my sex life has been inactive. Just met a wonderful man, but when we do have sex I have bleeding for at least 2 days. We do use lubricants and he is a gentle lover and although I am 60 I do not consider myself dead. Has anyone else suffered with this problem and/or what can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Health

• Talk with your gyn. Maybe try a vaginal moisturizer in addition to the lube. It is probably your tissues getting thinner. If you can, maybe an estrogen vaginal cream would help.

Answer by Bmat at 7:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Just give it time.You have been idle for a long time.Try a warming cream,the both of you will benefit from it. Hang in there.judyplove
    judyplove

Answer by judyplove at 8:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2009