Do your kids wear face masks?

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1090418/jsp/calcutta/story_10840308.jsp

Do you think that your kids should start wearing face masks to help protect them from polution just like the kids in Calcutta? I read everyday that our polution is what is killing our planet, yet kids in my city don't wear face masks because of polution. If we impose cap and trade and pay extra money, do you think that other countries will be encouraged to do their part too?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 7:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Global warming is a GLOBAL issue and unless the whole world steps in line it will be a useless effort. However, the steps we take to save the planet will help our end of the world. As for Cap and Trade. No, we will just pay higher everything from A to Z here and the other countries will not unless they also enforce it. Cap and Trade will cause a major problem for us moneywise. As for the masks......I think that is a bit extreme. At least where I live and I live smack, dab in the middle of coal country and the sky is blue and clear every morning. Except on cloudy days.....LOL
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Its India. The place is filthy. IS the US like this?
    Anonymous

• I don't want him mistaken for Michael Jackson
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I ask because other countries have yet to take the lead on this. I don't mind doing my part, but to impose cap and trade on us when our economy is so incredibly weak is risky at best, IMO. I also feel that other parts of the world that are bigger violators of pollution have the idea that we are the worst. I think that's simply not true.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2009