What do I get for my DD who will be a new mom on mother day?...

she is due on 4/29 but this is not a good time for us, she is 17 I want her to know I love her no matter what and being a mom is THE greatest thing I have ever done! I want her to know how special being a mom is no matter what, and I know she can be a good mom [yes I think adoption is a great option but this is her decision not mine.] thanks for any suggestions.

errjsmom

Asked by errjsmom at 8:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i honestly love the cheesy plaques that hallmark sells with little sayings on them. or you could find a figurine of a mom and baby. write her a letter, telling her how proud of her you are, how yes its tuff but it is the most rewarding thing she will ever do.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• You are already giving her the best gift through your love and support. She is very lucky.

I really found the book called Baby 411 to be funny and helpful and would be proud to give it as a gift. They make a set that also includes Toddler 411.

go to baby411.com
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Good recommendation, Timelessglass. That book is a good resource just because it's not terribly ideological... just gives the bare bones advice on taking care of a baby, what's safe, what isn't, etc. Maybe a practical book like that, a massage or salon gift card so she can treat herself at some point soon, and a small token gift that could be "from" the baby?
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• bath salts that ease stress and tension (can be found at walmart) are excellent. Those helped me so much when I first became a mom.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• a mommy and baby neecklace
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• here is a cute necklace from walmart

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5439394

mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• The Baby Book by Dr Sears, The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by La Leche League, a well fitting sling, and a boppy pillow. These were the only things I really needed but no one got me. I was 17 when mine was born too. I was a total sap for any keepsake type thing. A baby book, hand print cement, cards, anything mommy related. The best gift to a teen mom is the true love and support of her mother. Send your daughter my way if she ever wants to talk to someone in the same situation. I now have a wonderful 18 month old.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• "..a massage or salon gift card".by:EmilySusan
    that was well said lol.i always have back pain holding my baby,i would LOVE to get a special massage lol..
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I think the recommendations by jus1jess are wonderful, I wasnt that young when I had my first but I was 21 and I breastfed my baby partly because I knew it was best and partly because my hubby and I were BROKE SO, a nice nursing pillow, some breast pads, and a few good resource books would have been SO great to have, but the only thing anyone ever gave me was clothes, not that I wasnt grateful for it because I was, I just needed other things as well.

and a spa certificate would have been awesome too! Any new mom would appreicate that :)
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 7:38 AM on Apr. 23, 2009