Would you continue being a friend of mine if you found out later you were of different "religion" than me?

I was pondering, how many people would discontinue friendships if two people were of different faiths. I am a proud Christian woman that can be outspoken about my faith but never judgemental about others. Who would not be willing to be open-minded about a situation like this? This question is for every belief (Christian, Hindu, Muslim, Athiest, etc.) not attacking anyone.

alikat8100

Asked by alikat8100 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wouldn't mind.
    Anonymous

• no it wouldn't bother me at all
    Anonymous

• I have been friends with and will continue to be friends with people of all religions. I don't discriminate. That would be like being friends with someone because they like Obama and not being friends with someone because they didn't. Or being friends with someone because they believe in Santa and not being friends with someone because they don't. I like people for who they are...not what they believe. I like people I get along with, not because they believe religiously the same way I do. That is so narrow minded.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 8:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I don't think its possible to grow as a human without knowing and learning about all different types of people. Isn't that what god wants, anyway? For us all to love each other, no matter what?
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Everyone's faith is different. All my friends are of different beliefs.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 8:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• No I wouldn't. However I would have to keep my heart guarded and be wise in the relationship and not allow her beliefs and way of life drag me down from my.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I am a christian raised pentecostal all my life and I have friends of all different religion and one friend that I work with is catholic and we talk about our beliefs all the time but we dont argue or judge. It should not change your friendship if one of your friends say something you dont agree with and you know they believe they are right theres no changing their mind so just dont say anything. Me and my hubby argue about religion because he never went to church but he has studied the bible a lot and he has some good points but also sometimes I just have to let him keep rambling on and not say anything because I know how I have been taught so theres no point in a heated argument.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 8:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Most of my friends are different religions than I am.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would, but I share the same beliefs.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• The reason I ask this is because in another question Christians were attacking Christians, Athiests were attacking Athiests and both were attacking each other. I just think that is not right. I know what the Bible says but it is not my job to condem any of God's children (whether they believe in him or not) to hell. I actually would love to have friends of all faiths that are non condeming so I can hear why they believe what they believe. I hate when people attack each other for what I see as no reason.
    alikat8100

Answer by alikat8100 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2009