Babysitting

So I have posted a few listings on Craigslist for childcare... I am wanting to start watching a few children throughout the week and I am not really sure what to charge. I found a lady that wants me to keep her 2 yr old daughter for 11 hours a day 3 days a week and then 6 hours one day. I told her $100 dollars. I could go out and make more than that at like mcdonalds. I feel like now I want to tell her that $100 wont be enough for 40 hours. How should i go about telling her that $100 wont do that it will have to be a little more than that? Or do you think that $100 is enough for childcare. Also im going to be helping with potty training and colors,shapes etc... Please tell me what you think !! Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was a nanny for many years and I got 100 bucks a day! But it was for a well off family. I usually worked from 9am- 4:30pm.....I don't think there is much you can really say since the price was already mentioned. I know its not really helpful but....
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 8:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• 40 hours a week is alot, thats a full time job, but maybe wait a week after starting, and say that you feel there is more to it than you thought , not that she's difficult but with potty training and all, maybe up it to $150...maybe find out what the rates for standard day cares are and go a little under that.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2009