Could there be a specific reason why this is happening? Should I be concerned?

I have had diarrhea for four days on and off. I have been taken pepto and it helps for a while and then the diarrhea comes back. Today I started getting it this afternoon along with throwing up once. I hate going to the doctors for anything because everytime I do, nothing turns up (that's a good thing) and I feel like such a hypocondriact (I think this is how it's spelt.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Health

• You could be lactose intolerant or have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I have both and get like you are. A lot of greasy, fried foods or dairy really gets me all messed up.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I'm just like you, I don't like going to the doctors because they invade my privacy and then come up with a fancy name for "it hurts". And I'm a nurse! You could have a stomach bug. Can you get ahold of some activated charcoal tablets? The pepto will help with the symptoms, but won't clear up the problem if it's some kind of bacteria. Try charcoal, AND MAKE SURE YOU'RE DRINKING PLENTY OF WATER TO REPLACE THE FLUIDS YOU'RE LOSING! If it keeps up for another couple days, you probably want to make an appointment.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 9:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2009