My dd is almost 3 months old can i buy the regular kind of bouncer not the one that sits on the floor but like the one where shes like standing up in ?

or one of those play gym things where you put them in it and they stand up and toys all around it and you can spin them in and show them all the different toys with lots of sounds .. ?

cindyodopson

Asked by cindyodopson at 8:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• MY DD WAS 3 MONTHS WHEN I GOT HER THE ONE THAT SHE JUST STOOD/SAT IN AND PLAYED WITH THE TOYS, AT 4 MONTHS I GOT HER A JUMPEROO AND SHE STILL LOVES IT TO THIS DAY!
    Anonymous

• At three months a baby's legs aren't developed enough to stand up and you could actually cause her legs to be weakened... so I'd wait until she's at least crawling and can move around some.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 8:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• yup i gave it to my son for his first christmas, he was 4 mo
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• ooooo im excited!!!!!! i love buying her things! she even has toys shes not even hold enough to play with but when i saw it i just had to get.. but it just seems like shes not entertained enough even when you hold her and walk around with her.. seems like something is missing and she likes light up stuff and stuff that makes toys.. i know she wouldnt be able to stand up but i mean when you put her in she wouldnt even be able to touch the floor is that bad??
    cindyodopson

Answer by cindyodopson at 8:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• omg, i got my son one at 3 months and he had a ball, he jumped like crazy, but before i got that i had a jumperoo and he jumped and jumped.
    oxoashleyoxo

Answer by oxoashleyoxo at 9:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• if it makes a noise, push the button and say jump jump and you jump at the same time, and be all happy when you do it, thats what i did and he jumped.
    oxoashleyoxo

Answer by oxoashleyoxo at 9:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• There is an old wives tale about harming a babies legs by standing them up "too early"... it's just that, an old wives tale.
    I asked my doctor about it and he told me as long as her head control was really good, it wasn't a problem. Mine was in her Jumperoo at 3.5 months. She was so little that we had to put a box under her feet so she her feet could touch something. She LOVED it.

I would highly recommend the Jumperoo over the types that clamp onto door frames. The clamps can loosen for one thing. And the Jumperoo can go in the middle of any room, not just ones with doors.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I started putting my son in his jumperoo about 4 months and he absolutely loves it. Before he could hold him self up good in there I would stuff a little blanket infront of him, and he did great.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:01 AM on Apr. 23, 2009