please help me!!!!!

I finally got my period after d&c and i am bleeding really heavy and having alot of blood clots where i have to change my pad every hour i use my nanas diapers cause i am bleeding so much is this normal? It took about 2 months and a week for af to come.. and its been 5 days and still bleeding heavy were the toilet will be full of blood sorry tmi just worried.. and wants to know if its normal this is my first mc .. thanks for your help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Health

• I was always told that if you have to change your pad once an hour or more you need to call your doctor.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would call a doctor.
    Mine has always said that any bleeding soaks a pad in an hour is too much. And if you ever pass a clot bigger than a grape to call.
    I am sorry for your loss.

Please let us know what you decide to do.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• That isn't good... you need to call your doctor or go to the E.R. if you can't get a hold of him... my mom said she had a d&c and you should NOT bleed that heavily.

Is the blood a darkish brown color or is it bright red?
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 8:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I asked my family and they said its cause im backed up.. but when i just sit on the toilet blood is just dripping out and i didnt go pee and alot of clots are comming out and bigger then a grape and the toilet paper would be full of dark red blood i wake up and i have blood all over myself
    Anonymous

• If you've been bleeding heavy for 5 days you are already at risk for blood loss, hypovolemia, and even shock. I don't want to scare you, but your intuition is correct, this is serious. My recommendation would be not to wait to call your doc, but to go to ER tonight. If you still have doubts, make a quick phone call to the ER. You should be able to talk to a nurse there and she will probably tell you to come right in.
    P.S. I'm a nurse.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 8:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• You are not bleeding because you are backed up...I have never even heard anything so ridiculous...Sorry to be blunt. Unless it was hemorrhoids which don't occur in the vagina.

I am changing my advice since your last post. GO TO THE ER. Please...even if you family is rude to you about it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Man, don't wait... you need to go to the E.R... You shouldn't be bleeding like that especially with the blood clots.... have you called your doctor at all in these five days that you've been bleeding??
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 9:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• no i havent called him cause i thought this is how my period was susposed to be like even my cousin that had a miscarage said its like that if you havent had a period in so long it took 10 weeks for it to come.. i even showed her and she is its your period im like ok its my 1st period after d&c so i dont know what to expect..
    Anonymous