I wish it was so easy to conceive..

I have been trying since Feb of 04. So far I have been pregnant 3 times; 1st a chemical pregnancy, 2nd was an ectopic pregnancy, and 3rd a missed miscarriage. So bad I want to have a baby, but it is out of my control. I have PCOS and it sucks. I was hoping this month was going to work. I had all of the symptoms, but instead I have another cyst. Well, I made an appointment with a fertility specialist for May 5th. I guess we will see what happens. With my insurance, I have to pay a huge deductible and my husband’s does not cover treatment. I just wish it could be easier. I do not have any questions. I just feel like I need to vent. I have been so emotional and I cannot stop crying. My sister is going to have a baby sometime in July which is two weeks before my last pregnancy was due. It would make it so much easier if I had a little one coming too.

JenaElliott

Asked by JenaElliott at 8:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Dear Meant-to-be Momma, I'm so sorry for your frustration and pain right now. That's a rough history! Hang in there, and keep trying. I know some people try for years, and while that might not be much encouragement, just don't lose hope! Your longing is not out of place: it is in a woman's heart to want to carry and raise children. It's a God thing, I believe. Keep hoping, keep trying, and in the meantime, be the best auntie you can be to any little one you happen to come across. Maybe some of them are hungry for a momma's love.
    adel
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 9:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Maybe your not meant to have kids. I'm not saying this to be mean, but our bodies know us. And maybe your body is trying to tell you something..either it's not ready, or something's wrong and you shouldn't mess with it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 9:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Answered at 9:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 by:

* sarapurser

sarap...
    Maybe your not meant to have kids. I'm not saying this to be mean, but our bodies know us. And maybe your body is trying to tell you something..either it's not ready, or something's wrong and you shouldn't mess with it.

WOW. You really believe that because she is having a problem she isn't meant to have kids? What if all of a sudden someone stopped having the capability to eat. Does that mean they are meant to starve to death? Sheeh. I can't believe you really just answered a question on the TTC board if you were going to be so inconsiderate.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 9:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Everybody is MEANT to have kids thats why god made females and gave us wombs to carrry them in just because she is having trouble doesn't make her less of a person or make her not meant to have kids that was a stupid thing to say. But I guess if you have no problems having kids you wouldn't understand so you are quick to judge others...wrong wrong wrong girl......you don't even need to be on here because this is a place for moms to look for encouragement not be cut down and hurt by people like you....I'm so sorry someone like that thinks its there place to tell you something so stupid like that. If it wasn't for the technology they have I wouldn't have my daughter we lost our first so i know how it feels to loss a child. I wouldn't give up hang in there god has a purpose for all of us and it is meant for you to have a child or you wouldn't have gotten pregnant to begin with just ignore some idiots.
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Sarapurser---shame on you! How dare you say something like that to her. You should not be commenting to a woman who has obviously been to hell and back and telling her that it's just not meant to be. Didn't your mama ever tell you that if you can't say something nice to keep your mouth shut?

Jena, do not give up. Hang in there. Vent to us all you want. My best friend went through the same thing you have. Do not give up. You are not alone. We are praying for you.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Sara...please just stop. If you don't want to truthfully help people that are TTC what are you doing answering the threads? Six months? that is NOT considered an abnormal period of time to conceive. That is NOT considered a fertility problem. And maybe God HAS decided her purpose was to adopt...but who died and made you HIS prophet to tell her that?
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 10:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• God wouldn't put the desire in your heart to have children if He wasn't going to fulfill that desire. Keep trying, it will happen for you. I've been TTC since April 2005, I wish it was easier too. I don't know why some of us have to wait so long for our blessings, but hang in there. God will provide.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 11:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I, don't believe in god. So no i'm not his prophet. I didn't put her down, nor did I insult her. I simply put a new outlook on it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• A friend of mine went through the same thing. Long story short, I became her egg doner and she's due in 5 weeks.

Ever considered adoption? There are sooooo many children out there who would love to be wrapped in the love you have to give.
    mehamil1

Answer by mehamil1 at 4:10 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It is hard when our bodies don't do what we want them to do, when we want them to do it. After some poor responses on IVF cycles with my first doctor, I was given the "donor egg or adoption" speech. However, my heart told me that I truly was meant to carry my own child, and I sought the help of one of the country's top docs in NYC. My first complete IVF cycle (5th attempt in total), resulted in my twin sons. This was after cycles where very few eggs were retrieved, and none would fertilize. The new doc, new clinic, new protocol and new perspective, and miraculously it all came together.

Read. Get information. Get support. One very safe and supportive place is www.ivfconnections.com. I never found judgement there, or women who just didn't get it about the world of infertility.

Support your sister. Share in her joy. She needs you, just like you need her. Your child is just on a different schedule than hers...
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:30 AM on Apr. 23, 2009