are u a teen on welfare?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Most people that are working and paying taxes for those kinds of programs are offended by people who abuse the system. When I had my son I was a single mother and a police officer, I worked my shift and 3-4 other jobs to take care of my son. I tried to get WIC and was turned down because I made too much money. If I made so much money then why would I need to work 4-5 jobs to take care of 1 child?

It's upsetting that there are people who raise their children to believe that living off the government is a way to support yourself because the "government" owes them something. Those services are not free. Tax payers bring less money home each payday so those of you using those services can have them. A thank you would be wonderful.

We can't get the services if we need extra help but those that don't work can reap the benefits. We are paying for everyone else's families and have trouble supporting our own. Nice.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• yep and damn proud of it!
    Anonymous

• yes i get insurance and wic and those are the only thing. i got pregnant at 18 and am now pregnant with my 2nd at 20. but they said they wouldn't of gave the insurance to me unless i went after the dad for child support so i'd like to think that kind of makes up for things.
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I just got WIC and I have been on Medicaid... with two babies on the way and this is my first I want all the help I can get, I dont feel that i cant afford my children but not to be racist towards anybody im sick and tired of all the mexicans getting all the benefits, where I come from you are discriminated against if you're not brown its like they think we should kiss the ground they walk on or something
    Anonymous

• omg i know, where i live we're getting over run by mexicans, and the worst part is is that they don';t even try to learn english. and they pack like 10 people in one itty bitty house or trailer!
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I was and I am currently on welfare, but I also work.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• OK so I'm not on any type of welfare but I do have to question the point of this post?

Do you need information about getting state insurance benefits for your pregnancy?
    Are you having issues with your current benefits?

All your going to get out of a post like this is a bunch of pissed off people and/or people who are proud to have kid after kid on the governments dime.

***Disclaimer-I don't have a problem with people who NEED welfare being on it. I DO have a problem with people getting pregnant ON PURPOSE PLANNING to use welfare and those who don't do anything to prevent unplanned pregnancies because the tax payer will be there to pick up the bill just in case.
    Anonymous

• I guess I'm curious as to what makes a white person more deserving of welfare than a Mexican person?

I understand the "illegal immegrant issue" but if they are legal what makes you more deserving?
    Anonymous

• I was a teen and getting welfare.I am getting food stamps and medcaid and wic now.I don't see what's the big deal.
    Anonymous

• Wow...I wouldnt be PROUD to live on welfare! I am PROUD to WORK! At one time in my life I hit rock bottom and needed help and got it. Like I said, that was THEN this is now..I got a job, raise my two kids AND still dont get government assistance! I am not against those that NEED it just against those that ABUSE it
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 9:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2009