How much do you spend on Groceries?

how long does it last? and How many people are you feeding?

Asked by pebbles86 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Food & Drink

• We have a 5 person household, 3 children 2 adults. We aim to spend about $75 on food each week. This doesn't include paper products or diapers. I would like to go cheaper but it's incredibly difficult. I don't have a greenthumb and my kids won't eat most vegetables so growing our own won't work, lol.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• $150 week

Answer by brykev at 5:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have a family of four. One's a baby, so prices are a little different, but I say 100-150 a week. But I'm spending too much! Kate G. from Jon and Kate plus 8 is feeding a family of 10- and spends 150 a week. She gets organic food and name brand stuff. There are ways to cut costs, you just need to find them!

Answer by NomadSara at 5:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• It is Me and my husband and our baby who doesnt eat food yet but we spend 100-150 every two weeks and it usually lasts us until I get paid again of course we buy other things between then that we forgot to get the first time but I just manage our budget and then we go shopping after all the bills are paid so I know how much to spend

Answer by eazy_n_whit at 5:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• We budget $350 per month. Family of 6. Things are a little tight but I am always looking for good deals and I try to stock up. Every once in a while my dh gives me more money if there are case lot sales or if there is a good buy and we really want to stock up alot.

Answer by SigningFamily at 6:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I would say about $200-250 a month. My sister does meal planning, so she doesn't buy a bunch of stuff she doesn't need or that won't get used. That helps cut costs for sure.

Answer by bltcahill at 7:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• forgot to add, it's a preggo mommy, DH and a 2 year old. (we would spend less I'm sure if it weren't for ice cream hehe)

Answer by bltcahill at 7:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• We have a $600 a month grocery budget for 5 people

Answer by momwillandturn at 5:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• i spend around $300 a week on groceries, and i am feeding 3 people and 2 dogs.

Answer by anniekelleher at 1:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• We have 6 people (myself, my husband, our 3 children and my mother lives with us) and my grocery budget averages out to be about $100 a week. I'm a good shopper and saver. LOL

Answer by momof3inTN at 6:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2008