Did you know it's Child Abuse Awareness Month?

The month of April is child abuse awareness month. Are you aware?
Have you ever suspected someone of abusing a child physically, sexually, emotionally, or thought them to be neglectful?
Have you done anything about it? You need to. You could be the only light in that child's tunnel. We as a nation need to stop ignoring what "isn't our business" and protect the children of our communities.

National Child Abuse/Neglect Hotline 800-422-4453

Want more Info, Try: http://www.childwelfare.gov/can/
http://hubpages.com/hub/Child-Abuse-Awareness-Month-2009

LuvOurFamily

Asked by LuvOurFamily at 9:56 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We have close friends who are foster parents.. They have been able to adopt the youngest when she was newborn. They have 2 sets of siblings, and it breaks my heart all the back and forth the children have to do. The bio-parents get too many chances so the kids are like little yoyo's...
    I think that there should be a 3 strikes you're out rule. They want to adopt them so bad but are held back by the system. The children are so awesome, they are like my little neices and nephews and it will break my heart if one day they are sent back to their deadbeat parents for good... I am so proud of them and you for making a place in your home and heart for these little people, you are a rare breed and should be so proud fo yourself!
    I have turned someone in for child abuse, about 4 yrs ago, she was a babysitter, needless to say she hasn't been a babysitter for 4 yrs now...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Also, you can be help by becoming a Mentor to a child, a CASA, becoming a Foster Parent, etc... You can contact social services near you for more information on helping abused chidlren. Thanks for your time Ladies.
    LuvOurFamily

Answer by LuvOurFamily at 10:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• aww... that is so sad about your children, at least they have a mother who will love them and nurture them in the way that they need to be, by you giving them love and support they need you possibly have helped their future children from being abused (studies show that those who have been abused have a tendency of abusing themselves, makes it a cycle)
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yes, I sure did. I am a mandatory reporter and have turned parents in that were neglecting their kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Thank you. We feel truly blessed to have our children.
    LuvOurFamily

Answer by LuvOurFamily at 10:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Good Example of People Doing Nothing- Tonight at the mall play area I noticed 3 girls aged 6-10 . I thought they were with a lady there, but it turned out they were not hers. They had been playing for almost an hour alone! I went to the nearest store and told the clerk once I realized what was going on. She called security who immediately came down. He went up to the girls and told them they were too old for the play area. Then he told them to go find their parents. I was appalled. The older child asked to use my phone and called her mom. She asked her mother to come back to the mall and pick them p because they got into trouble with a police man. I could not believe that security did not call the police or stay with the girls until parents could be located. I also could not believe that no other parent did anything to help these children. So basically the parents got away with what they had done.
    Anonymous

• Thank you for making people aware!
    Anonymous

• Thank you all for your nice comments about being a foster parent. But we truly feel we are the blessed ones in this scenario. Fostering was the greatest thing that ever happened to us. I am glad to see other women aren't afraid to turn people inl
    LuvOurFamily

Answer by LuvOurFamily at 10:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• yes I did but thanks for reminding everyone
    Anonymous

• I didn't know thank you.
    Anonymous