If not "torture" then what?

I keep hearing people flipping out over these forms of torture. I don't think they were so bad. They weren't being hurt (i.e. the rack and thumb screws and other things that HURT and tear your body into pieces!) and according to the memos they got the info after they appliued these methods. So I have 2 questions...

If you don't think this is what got the info, what do you think did?

and

If not theses methods then WHAT? No one ever answers that. And the response "not waterboarding" isn't an answer. What would you do instead??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• feed them fruit loops and then suddenly take them away.

Anonymous

• OP, I'm assuming that you're FOR the toture methods so I won't raise the question: "What would YOU do instead?"

I honestly don't know of many methods that could be used, some people won't talk. What do police and other law enforment (who aren't corrupt) use to get the information that they need? The seem to be succesful without waterboarding. So I think the government should consult wtih these people first.

I'm not sure what I would do personally but there has to be a better method and I think the police have the answers. I have law enforcement in my family and they say there are other ways of getting the information that you need.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 10:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Sodium Pentathol. Makes the best of people spill their guts and then some.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• They have studied many way sto get intel, and torture isn't the best method anyway..so why use it?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• OP here.  Yes lady I am for these methods.  I also thing it was SO wrong to release any of these memos but to release only a select few is down right awful.  Cherry picking the info you put out to make a past administration look bad is stupid.  Putting this country more at risk to play politics is beyond stupid.  And when we get attacked again and YOUR family members are killed or maimed I bet you will want to know "Why they didn't do anything they had to to get the info?!"

Sweet ~ How do you know it's not? And what methods DO work? You didn't answer EITHER question.

Anonymous

• This guy seems to know a bit about it.

LINK

Friday

Answer by Friday at 10:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• youre crazy.

youtube videos of waterboarding. youre crazy if you think its "not that bad"
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 11:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• here's one guy that thought the same thing, so he volunteered to be waterboarded.
    just watch it.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 11:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l34Tx9oAHZo
    redderbedder

• Okay, I love the show 24 mostly because I love the fact that Jack Bauer is willing to go to any length to protect the general public. The prisoners at Gitmo were not tortured as a form of punishment, but because they had info they needed to share with us.

I support it. I think it is dumb to be more concerned with the civil rights of a terrorist, than with the safety the American public. I am still worried about terrorist attacks. I am worried about what could happen to my family, my children.

If some jerk wants to plan an attack and work with terrorists, waterboarding should be considerred merciful.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2009