Do you think people at your house have the right to tell others what to do?

At my son's birthday party my MIL told my nephew to stop jumping on my couch. He wasn't even jumping he was bouncing on his knees which I have no problem with. The kid was not related to her either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No! I think it should be up to you or your nephews parents.
    Anonymous

• Some people need to mind their own business. If it's not your kid and they aren't hurting you or your child then leave it be, they have a parent.
    Anonymous

• Yeah but then again, what if he falls off and busts his head open on the coffee table! That would be a frickin; CATASTROPHE! I tell you CATASTROPHE!!!!!!!!!!! j/k lol. I let kids have a good time. My brothers girlfriend once asked me if I could put a tablecloth on my patio table while we a sno-cones!? IDK, people can be bossy.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• id start telling her what to do and see how she likes it =P
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Oh my aunt is a horrible b*tch and my sister and I were arguing in my kitchen and she came over and let us know that we needed to stop! lol...we both kind of looked at her and were like "wtf get out"
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I hate it when people do that. I always feel like if i have a problem with the childs behavior i will say something to them and their parents, its not anyone elses place to say anything.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Well, no it might not have been her place, but if someone saw a kid jumping on MY COUCH and didnt say anything I would be a bit irritated. I don't want my stuff torn up and she was probably just thinking about it like that. Was she rude and demanding or just like "hey, sweetie, would you please stop jumping on the couch". As long as she was respectful, then I see no problem with it. Its probably the childs mother thats more upset.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:28 AM on Apr. 23, 2009