My poor kitty!! what can i do! help! i love my kitty a lot!! =(

So i just found out my kitty (well he's about 7 months old)
has worms..theyre HUGE..they look like maggots.. =(

he doesnt have his shots yet but i plan on getting his shots next week when i get paid...

but how are the worms causes? do i have to take him to the vet for his worms? or can a simple pill cure it for him!!

and anyone know how much it is for a pill? but im concerned on how big these worms are..he has A LOT..and they are quite large..so..do you think i should just also pay the vet to take care of his worms or do you think a simple pill will fix that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A kitten isn't very big so a lot of times the vet will worm them for free. At least, mine does.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• hopefully!! he's still concidered to be a kitty if he's 7 months old right? lol
    he's a tan and white striped kitty! and i freaking adore the hell outta him lol
    Anonymous

• Yes, they are kittens until they are a year old. Which is why you mus give them "kitten" and not "cat" food for the first year.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Deworming. Kittens will need to be dewormed at least once and probably twice. The "worms" are typically roundworms or pin worms. They are passed to the kitten through the mother's milk. Your vet can give your kitten a dose of medication such as Strongit to kill these parasites when the kitten is 6 weeks old or so. This should be followed 2 weeks later either by a second dose of medication or a fecal test to insure that all the worms have been killed.

If after deworming, your kitten's stools are mushy, have mucus or blood in them, be sure to see your vet. There are other kinds of intestinal parasites, such as coccidia, that can infect kittens. These require different treatments depending on the parasites.

http://www.paw-rescue.org/CATS/kitten_care.html

Anonymous

• You can buy wormers at walmart. It is usually a paste...I think I paid about $6 for mine last time. It isn't much.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I didn't know they sold wormers at Walmart! That might work if he vet won't do it!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2009