Do you think you have an eating disorder? I think I do....

I am 5'6 and 140lbs. I am in no way an anerexic weight but I obsess ALL day about EVERYTHING I eat. I take laxatives to keep my weight down...anal about everything I eat...think I am fat all the time. Seriously...it drives me nuts. Do you think that I am? I really wish I could be 120lbs and it is driving me crazy. I wish I could just be happy w how I look

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You're Bulimic? Seek counseling - helps a lot.
    Anonymous

• You are actually right at what would be considered ideal body weight. Do I think your fat, not at all. Do I think you have an eating disorder, yes. I agree with PP you should look into counseling or at least talk to your dr. about it.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Abuse of laxatives can cause permanent damage to your body. You don't want to end up sick with something you can't get rid of! You're a perfect weight and maybe seeking help wouldn't be a bad idea. Going to a nutrionist will help too. Get on a healthy diet so that you know you have nothing to obsess over and try working out lightly. It helps some people feel like they've accomplished something and being toned will help with your body image. I wish you the best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It sounds like you do have an eating disorder, although which one I do not know. It all starts on the inside though, how you think and feel about yourself. I would think it would be hard to seek help, I know I have issues weight wise and about my body image and wouldn't seek help. It is like admitting there REALLY IS a problem. I think you have come to the first step, which is admitting there is something wrong and asking others for help. If you can't find it within yourself to get help, then try asking for support from your significant other or a good girlfriend. Also, work on the inner you and not so much the outer. I know perfectly homely people who as you get to know them become the most beautiful people alive. I will say a prayer that things are worked out and you have peace.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Hun get help before it gets worse I was anorexic when I was a jr in hs I'm 5'3 and was only 93lbs I got the help I needed and now after having my bab i'm at 125 . I still have a hard but talking to people helps out a lot so if you would like to talk I'm on and off here all day
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 5:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I do have an eating disorder mine EDNOS its a mix of bulimia and anorexia.. i go days with out eating much at all.. then some days i eat and eat and eat then make my self throw up... ive been trying to stop but cant.. im not sure if i ever will
    Anonymous

• by the way my weight is 98lbs
    Anonymous

• i would love to recover and be a normal weight
    Anonymous

• im 5'7 and 98lbs
    Anonymous