What do you think of the depo shot?

Shantaa

Asked by Shantaa at 10:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it sux. My 25yo married dd is having excruciating pain for being on it too long. something the administering office told her. And she was too young too. Now it has robbed her of calcium and she is having to endure pain.

Vivian63

Answer by Vivian63 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I tried it back in college and spotted for 6 straight months....it wasn't for me, that's for sure...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i was on it for about 9 months after i had my daughter, loved it moved and was told it is no longer covered by my insurance. they said it was because studies showed that intentionally missing your period leads to bone problems later in life....at least thats the reason the doc gave me that my insurance wouldn't cover it..but i loved it anyways and i so wish that when i have my baby and go back on BC that i can have that shot again. its so much easier and my periods are awful
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I got pregnant twicw while on the depo...it sucks
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i thought it was horrible! it screwed me up so bad (after using it for UNDER a year) that they said there may be a possibility of infertility (thankfully i was able to get pregnant a year later)...but only after i was off it for a month & had a 17 day long full period with heavy bleeding that sent me to the hospital...apparently they issue the same thing to everyone in the same dose...which is horrible because each body is different & mine couldnt handle but they NEVER checked to see if i was compatible or if my body was acting weird or anything...it has too many cons than pros...
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I absolutely hated it. I was on it for a year because I had endometriosis so bad. It was SUPPOSED to stop my period yet I bled 75% of the time on it and I spent 6 hours on my bathroom floor giving birth to a HUGE blob of tissue(they said the depo loosened it up in my uterus) & started bleeding profusly. Mind you, I wasn't having sex that entire year so it definately wasn't a baby. But, it also made me gain 50lbs. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT! I have yet to lose the depo weight=[ thats my mission after i have my baby
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:05 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• LOL, Well I liked it. Didn't get pregnant on it, didn't gain weight.
    I plan on getting on depo after this baby is out of me !!!!!!
    babymomma4

Answer by babymomma4 at 2:04 AM on Apr. 23, 2009