how would you handle this?

A little while ago I hear a lot of shouting outside so I walk out there to see what is going on. My neighbor is in her yard doing some yard work just screaming up a storm. Without even thinking I ask her "what's the problem?" She says nothing and asks me why something always has to be wrong and says something about how she wasn't bothering anyone so I say "ok I'm sorry I bothered you" and come back inside. A little later I go out there and start to put a trash can out by the street and she say's "sorry Lisa" and starts off again about her kids not doing their chores. "Ok I'm sorry" I say and continue out to the curb. Did I do something wrong or is she just being rude? How do I handle the situation now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in About CafeMom

• maybe she was just having a bad day and was venting to no one in particular and you startled her? i don't know, i would just pretend it didn't happen since she apologized
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Sounds a little strange but if she apologized I guess I'd just forget it...and maybe try to avoid her in the future!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Is your neighbor Kate Gosslin?
    Anonymous

• Lol. But no.
    Anonymous

• I might just start doing the same thing in my yard. Hey, we all have bad days. I am guilty of cussing and yelling at no one in particular. She might just have been embarrassed by the situation. Let it slide. If I were inside and she was out, I might just turn my TV up really loud!! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My neighbors' house is pretty close to ours and I wonder sometimes if they can hear me yelling at my daughter. Not my proudest moments! I don't usually do it out of rage, but because she can't hear me over her own screaming. Anyway, unless this keeps happening, I don't think it's anything you need to worry about. You weren't out of line to ask what was wrong. Atleast you didn't start a fight with her!
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 11:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I'm glad to hear I didn't do anything wrong!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2009