What is the best birth control,other than condoms or not having sex,..lol

i take birth control pills and dont miss any days..
im thinking of switching to mirena...
is that a good idea? like..is that better than the pill,less chance of getting pregnant???
any other suggustions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you take your pills like you should why do you want to change? I think you should stick with it if it works for you - why mess with it?
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• because i get close to almost missing one =/
    Anonymous

• I had the Mirena and it was HORRIBLE!! The chemical they put in it to thin your uterus lining, well it really works. I didn't have periods, but when I had it taken out after 2 years to try for another baby, a lot of women told me that they have gotten pregnant but miscarried because the lining hasn't built up (after years of having it out) well I asked my doc and he said YES THAT IS TRUE, and since I have had 2 miscarriages *before my son and before mirena* I may never be able to have another. That's okay I am happy with my kids they are the greatest in the world,, but it hurt when it go put in (for 3 months) it hurt when it was taken out and now I can't have any more kids.
    I'd stick with the pill. _ Good Luck in your choice!
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• thanx for your story,ill make sure to really talk to my doctor about my choice now...thank you..
    id like to hear anybody elses story too
    Anonymous