What Can I Give Him

My son is 8 months old and is done with mommy or daddy feeding him.. So what are good filling things that he can self feed right now? I'm a first time mommy and I have no idea what to give him.. He isnt big on stage 3 babyfood at all and would rather have puffs and crackers because he can feed himself those things but thats not a meal.. So what can he have and what would be good for him to have at this age?

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• avacado chunks or mushed, spaghetti-Os...any pasta in small pieces, pears, peaches, my son enjoys a whole apple pilled and the tops and bottom steams cut off..he goes at it for hours lol teeth or no teeth he always enjoyed it. Fact is...as long as it is small enough for him to chew with his jaw then let him go at it...just keep an eye on him and know how to do the baby Heimlich just in case. GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Why not let him hold the spoon and you help guide it to his mouth?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i give mine pasta pick ups. he loves tehm and they are just right for him. they have a few different kinds but try em. gerber.
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 10:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• you can also cut bananas real small they are very mushy so he won't have trouble eating them.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My son went through this sage but when I started to let him feed himself his doctor noiced he was dropping weight so I gave him a spoon of his own to play with and he let me feed him.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Basically anything healthy that they can pick up and won't choke on. Chunks of cooked sweet potato, chunks of soft ripe banana, soft steamed vegetables (peas, broccoli) pasta, soft piece of chicken breast that you mashed between your fingers etc.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2009