Do you cater to your husband?

I wait on my husband when he wants something to drink I get up and go get it. At dinner I make his plate and take it to the table to him and when he wants something else I get up from the dinner table and go get it. And when he is sick I baby him just like I do our child. I just in general cater to him. I don't do it because I have to I do it because I want too, I do it because I enjoy it. It's how my mother was (and still is) with my dad and her mother was with her dad. My husband isn't lazy or mean to me I just do it because I really want to do it. Some women look at me like I'm crazy when they see how I am with my husband or think he is controlling me, he isn't. I'm a sah wife and mother, he works hard and I feel like it's my job to "take care" of my family. And I don't think I'm the only one out there who feels this way. Am I?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do! I love it. I'm not a maid or a servant, but I love to take care of him and make him feel special and make being in this home with his family a sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of the world. Just like he enjoys doing little things to make me feel cared for and appreciated and adored - sure, we could both just take care of ourselves, but for us this is so much nicer. I LOVE making my husband feel like a king, I have no idea why that's so odd to so many people. He is an amazing, awesome man and he deserves to be treated great and it brings me joy to see him taken care of, and to be the one that he turns to for that. It's very symbiotic and equal. I'm a feminist, and am not diminished in the least by taking his boots off for him when he comes home from work. Just like he's not if he pampers me in a meaningful way. My friends don't all get it, but they know it's just how I am: I will race home to get his dinner ready. :-)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:29 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I do, I do! My husband works very hard. I am not working right now, so why shouldn't I?? He does alot for me as well as pays all the bills. I usually fix his dinner, bring him something to drink, etc.
    Anonymous

• F*CK NO! I do favors for him of course, and if he's sick or hurt or something of course, but no way in hell am I his damn maid!
    Anonymous

• I'm all with you! I'm the same way! My husband works his butt off for our family. It's my job as a sahm and wife to fill his needs too. I enjoy it. And believe it or not, the more I cater to him, the more he's apt to help me out...even when I don't ask for the help. I get that I'm crazy all the time for "kissing his ass" too much and "what about my time and break". So don't feel alone b/c there are others out there who are right there with ya!
    Anonymous

• I do pretty much everything for him. But i'm his wife so I think I should . I fix his plate at dinner and get him something to drink whenever he wants it.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• nope, im the same way with my BF, if he askes for something he more than likely gets it. i like it, its my way of doing the little things to show i care, and he would do the same for me, hes a real gentleman.
    Anonymous

• Honey, you're not alone! My husband is spoiled. My mom doesn't do those things for my dad, but my grandmother ALWAYS did everything for my papaw (who passed away when I was 4). I have no idea where I got the habit from, but when he and I started living together, it just kind of kicked in. Like you said-- it's not a control thing, it's just that we love our husbands & want to "take care" of them, right along with our kids. Call me old fashioned, but I think that's how it should be.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• lol... I just now noticed that 4 of the 6 answers are anonymous! What in the world!?
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• To the OP , I absolutely agree with you.. My Hubby takes such good care of all of us and it's the least I can and WANT to do!! He also takes care of me when he's home if I'm sick, etc.. It's a 2 way street when it comes to certain things... If you had a Hubby like mine I'm betting you would too!! Oh and btw, I'm not his maid or slave, I'm the love of his life and he's mine!
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I'm honestly glad that all of you are happy serving your husbands but just remember that just because I don't believe I should cater to him doesn't mean I love my husband any less than you love yours. I do understand SAHM's feeling the need to do extra for their working husbands who support the family but my husband and I both work, so I do not feel that as his wife it is my duty to do more. And like I said, it doesn't mean I love my husband any less.
    Anonymous