Should a mommy get a baby shower for each baby?

I had my daughter 5 years ago and then 3 years later had my son. I had a nice baby shower for my daughter and got everything I needed. I used it all for her and saved it for my son. Now I just found out Im pregnant again but just about everything is worn out and old. Baby stuff just isn't made like it used to be and doesn't seem to hold up through multiple children. Do you think I should accept another baby shower or should I just buy new stuff on my own since I've already had one baby shower for my first kid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• NO WAY - so tacky.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 11:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Did somebody offer to throw you a shower??
    Anonymous

• NO- in my family we only do a shower for the first baby.
    roni2911

Answer by roni2911 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Accepting a baby shower is accepting a gift. Would you turn down a birthday gift just because you've had 20 something other birthdays?

Be gracious and grateful someone wants to shower your new baby! Congratulations.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• How would that be tacky bristle3kids! I'm curious as to why you would say that! I'm sure the people the OP would invite would love to come!
    Anonymous

• I think it's up to you. I don't think most people have multiple showers. If I was invited to multiple showers for a friend- I'd think it was a little odd as most people just have one. But if your friends and family want to do it and don't mind buying you more gifts- I guess that's their call.
    Anonymous

• I could see if you had a girl and then were having a boy or vice versa. But not two if you have two girls or w/e.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• if your friends and family want to throw you a shower they don't think its tacky. go for it. my girlfriend had showers thrown for her for both her children and they are only about a year and a half apart. people buy new babies gifts anyways, and it
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• (sorry big baby belly hit enter key on my laptop) and i was sayings its not like they have to go or bring a present if they don't feel it is appropriate
    vabchmommy

• Honestly, I don't see why women can't have a shower for each child. You may not need a crib or a bath tub for your second (or more) baby, but there are bound to be things that you DO need. If you are having a baby of the opposite gender, you'll need clothes, and even if you have all gender-neutral clothes or are having a baby of the same gender, what mom-to-be couldn't use friends and family coming together to support her in her childbearing year? If you have everything you need it would be really nice for family to get together and make you some meals to freeze for after the baby is born, or to get you a certificate for a massage, or to give you money to put into the baby's college fund or savings account. There are BOUND to be expenses, and family and close friends can help out with that stuff!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2009