How do I get my screaming 2 year old to bed.

JJsMommy527

Asked by JJsMommy527 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know but if you figure it out let me in on that!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• put him/her to bed and let them scream it out. It sounds mean but it will work. Might not be pleasant for a few nights but they'll get the hang of it. Good luck! :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• put a gate on the door and leave her there. shes plenty old enough to cry it out and pass out. (sorry if shes a he) mine is 3, i will go check on her every 30 mins or so to make sure she is ok and has not hurt herself or pulled out toys to play with. but otherwise she'll just realize that she can get away with it and do it on a regular basis
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Oh man. It depends..is this something that happens every night or just right now? Because I feel bad for you if it's every night :) Is your kiddo worn out? Maybe see if you can keep 'em up a little later. Give a bath or read some books? I'm so grateful my 2 year old has been going to bed peacefully the last few nights.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 11:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Is the child hungry? No...

Has the child had enough running around time today? Yes.....

Is the child sore from growing? Have you given some Children's Tylenol? Yes....

Has anything changed in your house recently? Yes....The child needs extra consolation. No....

Let the child fall asleep on the sofa in a dark room with you. No TV. Just dark room.

Tomorrow is another day. Routine is still very important at this age. Don't vary from it if at all possible.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• put them down and walk out...it is hard, but they will adjust...
    amwb1201

Answer by amwb1201 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I agree with is the child worn out from enough activity during the day? Do some laps around the house - good for you and the child. Then try to do some mellow activity like reading and low lighting, in another room if the child's bedroom is an issue.
    Also, is the child hungry? Full belly sometimes helps.
    Can you lay near or in their bed? I've been known to crawl in the crib if I have to.
    dazychain7

Answer by dazychain7 at 3:14 AM on Apr. 23, 2009