Oral sex when pregnant (Sorry, Possible TMI)

I am almost 7 months pregnant and my husband wants me to perform oral sex for him and maybe even swallow. I read that this is totally safe. But, I feel uncomfortable about it and have trouble seperating the sexual me from the pregnant me. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to handle or overcome this.
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you feel uncomfortable or unsexy, maybe he would be willing to help you feel both sexier and more aroused - and of course you can always let him know if it really makes you uncomfortable. But right now, he thinks you are a shamokin' hot goddess, and there's nothing wrong with him wanting to be sexual with you in lots of different ways. Perhaps fellatio in the shower would make it better for you - best location, IMO. Also if you are feeling less attractive due to the pregnancy, fellatio can be a way for you to reconnect with your sexual power. And swallowing is actually possibly not just safe, but beneficial! It helps to prepare the body for labor (they use pig semen to soften the cervix in an induction!) and it may play a role in preventing pre-eclampsia There're probably other benefits as well! Interesting. ;-)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:14 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• uh ya kick him out of bed!He should respect your feelings!
    Anonymous

• I had the same problem just tell him if e wants oral fine but he needs to understand that theres a kid there and ask him if he'd want to eat the stuff!
    rainbow_bright5

Answer by rainbow_bright5 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Hon, it is totally safe from a medical point of view.

Your hubby needs sex, and is asking you for some kind of relief that won't hurt you or the baby. Don't deny him. He loves you and this is how he shows it. Don't worry, it's totally natural to still want sex when you're pregnant. Or if you don't feel like it because you are tired, or feel un-sexy, it's still okay. Let him know how you feel.

Remember sex isn't all about a Hollywood sexy body. Sex is an expression of love and commitment. Now go show him how much you love him.....
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• lol. its full of protein!
    on another note i wouldnt but I think it smells like playdough and it looks like something that came out of my 2yr olds nose when she is sick. lol. its grose tell him to eat it!
    MandMSMOMMY0607

Answer by MandMSMOMMY0607 at 11:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I couldn't do it either when I was pregnant....nor can I swallow while my child continues to breastfeed...I can't get it out of my head that whatever I eat my child gets....really creeps me out.
    Anonymous

• I have the same problem--- I feel like "Mommy shouldn't do these things!" lol. I have a 15 month old & I'm 21 weeks pregnant with #2, and during both pregnancies I will NOT swallow that nasty mess (although I'll rarely ever do it when not prego, so I don't see why he would expect it now! lol). I wouldn't do it while I was breastfeeding my son, either. Like somebody else said, I just keep thinking "whatever I eat, the baby eats!" and it weirds me out!

heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 1:10 AM on Apr. 23, 2009