Really picky kid im losing it!

My little girl doesnt eat much at all Thats when i get her to eat. she loves hot dogs, chef-boy-r'd, and eggs so i mostly make her what she likes just cause i want her to eat. i feel bad for doing it cause i know its not helpin my problem but i have to see her eat. can any body help this mom whos best friend is so not the kitchen right now? thanks

rainbow_bright5

Asked by rainbow_bright5 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• this is what i do, i put the same thing i am eating on her plate, say you are having chic breast, cut some of yours up put it on her plate, and have her "sides" be something she likes. she may ignore the chicken but after seeing it there numerous times will try it. for example, my daughter gets cheese, fruit and bread with whatever meat and veggie we are eating, she will sometimes try the meat and find she likes it other times not at all. as for during lunch/breakfast she gets what she likes
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:12 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• You should get her involved in the food preparation. There are a ton of kid cookbooks that have healthy, fun recipes you two could do together. If she helps to make it, she may be more enthusiastic about eating it.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 12:17 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• How old is she?
    I suggest to not force her to eat things she doesn't like. If you do you will end up with a "life-long" picky eater. If she is only "into" certain things, just go with it. I agree with vabchmommy to add cheese, fruit, and a bread to the side of meals, that way she gets a variety of food groups at each meal.
    If you make a "big deal" out of it, she will think it is a "big deal".
    dazychain7

Answer by dazychain7 at 3:32 AM on Apr. 23, 2009