im scared!

my little girl didnt move as much today, she usually gets hiccups all day she got them at least twice today, im afraid she could have the cord around her neck, because at night i toss and turn a lot cause i cant sleep, i dont know what to think! could it be possible for her to have her cord around her neck because i turn a lot at night? im 36 weeks

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 12:27 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that would not cause her cord around her neck. however you are supposed to call labor and delivery if you don't feel 10 movements with in 2 hours
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:29 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• i couldnt stop tossing and turning with my son and that doesnt cause the cord to wrap around the babys neck your 36 weeks and if you dont feel that much movement during the day its fine there is no room for your lil one to move around but just to be on the safe side i would schedule an ultra sound!!
    haydns_mommy

Answer by haydns_mommy at 12:30 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• cord around the neck is NOT an emergency! It truly isn't. http://jeremyscorner-grifter.blogspot.com/2009/02/cord-around-neck-is-not-emergency.html 

Yes I realize the above link is to a blog, but there are resources backing her up in the post.

You moving in bed also wouldn't cause it to happen. Many women are restless towards the end... it just happens. I wouldn't be scared at all. You have felt some movement/hiccups then there isn't a thing to worry about. You can call and talk to your doctor if you are worried. I know that some days I feel less movement and other days I feel more. (I am 36 weeks also).

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:37 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Years ago (17 to be exact) I would freak out with my 1st pregnancy and go to the dr when I had not felt movement in a while. I would go to the drs every time. The dr would hook me up to the monitor and give me a caffinated beverage. Then sure enough he would the start moving.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 12:42 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I would try to stimulate your baby a little bit. Have a walk / or swing your hips for a while, have a sweet snack and a drink with caffeine - that should increase your baby's activity. Did you notice your baby dropping down? Maybe she just moved lower/closer to the birth channel and when babies do this they are certainly less active.
    Like other said your movements cannot cause the umbilical cord to wrap around your LO's neck.
    If your baby still doesnt want to move for an extended period of time call the hospital or go to L&D Triage. Good luck.
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 12:56 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• have some orange juice and lay on your side for a while, and do kick counts.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I agree with the drinking caffeine or drink orange juice. Lay on your side and definitely count the kicks. If you have any concerns call your doctor let them know and see if you can get an Ultra Sound. Good luck!!!! You have to remember that baby doesn't have the same sleep schedule as you......I was told specially around the end of the pregnancy there sleepy times tends to change......Mine did she liked sleeping during the day and being active at night..........Wait that's how she is now.............HRM. Anyways hope your little one is strong....and healthy!!! Good luck with everything!!!
    caitenni

Answer by caitenni at 2:15 AM on Apr. 23, 2009