is it normal to feel sad or some what depressed when your pregnant? shouldnt i feel happy?

i guess because i am home by my self all day and cant work or go to school.......i dont know ..i thought i was supposed to feel happy while i was pregnant...is something wrong with me? should i be worried that i feel that way? could it just be nerves because i am a first time mom? i dont know what to think? i am happy that i will be a mommy soon..i meann i am more than excited!!!! is it just nerves? did anyone else feel that way?....it comes and goes......some days i am the happiest woman alive i think!!!!!! and there are other days when i am just so blah!!!!! is that weird?

proudmama2be88

Asked by proudmama2be88 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• calling all choclates a cheer up needed in asle 88!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:49 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• What you are experiencing is very common among pregnant women. u may also experience some emotional mood swings--unexpected highs and lows and maybe even some tears or fears. Emotional swings are linked to normal hormone activity and should pass as your pregnancy progresses. If not, mention it to your doctor.
    Maybe you can find something to keep your mind occupied :) Good luck to you!
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 12:50 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Nope, not weird.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 1:24 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I went from peeing my pants scared, to nervous, to anxious, to sad, to ecstatic, to relieved and back to scared within 5 minutes during my second pregnancy. It happens. If you can get out of the house a bit, go for a walk or out for lunch or something, that may help. Also, busy yourself with things, so you aren't dwelling on your feelings. And talk to someone close to you. Share your feelings with your partner, because I bet you are feeling guilty for feeling this way and ashamed of yourself for it. It is nothing to be ashamed of. If you feel it is overwhelming or controlling your life, discuss it with your doctor.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:35 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• totally normal!!!!!

its a major emotional roller coaster, and its the best of times and the worst of times.
    your bringing in a new life, but your life is on hold because of what you can't do.

keep your chin up. . .it'll get better very soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Apr. 23, 2009