Period question (GROSS) Please help though...

Ok... If this is normal and I'm not the only one ... please tell me!!! It's starting to scare me. I did see a doctor... but I didn't tell him the whole story. He was brushing it off and didn't seem worried.

Last Christmas I woke up to tampon, pad, and pjs soaked through. That scared the heck out of me, but my mil said it was normal every now and then. So I let it go. After that period I had little ones every week and a half lasting about 3 days each until March 25. April was great! I thought that just maybe things were starting to get normal again. Well on the 21st of this month I got my period again. That was fine... except that I woke up yesterday morning with a tampon, a pad, underwear, pjs, and part (little part that was directly under me) of my blanket soaked through with blood. Is this normal? I heard that you're only supposed to lose about 4 tablespoons of blood... That would have probably been in the tampon alone...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Health

• i would talk to a diff doctor. if its not normal for you than its not normal every one is diff. i can go throw a whole pad and tampon overnight. but my period has always been that way so its normal for me
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:03 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• call your Dr. sound a bit off. Have you got an infection or std check lately?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Um No it does not sound normal. Heavy bleeding is a sign of cancer. You should not be settling for an answer. You need to see a OB/Gyno and let them make a correct diagnosis of whether this is normal, or there is more to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I don't have that problem, but my mom does. When she first starts she has to change her tampon about once and hour!! (Super) She said she's been like since she had my sister and she's about to be 19. I asked her if she went to the doctor and she said yes everything was okay. Maybe she should have gotten a second opinion, but she's been like this for 19 years and she's healthy!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 1:06 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I have this exact thing happening to me. Doctor said it was perimenopause. I can have a really light period for three months then wake to "HOLY S*** who was killed in my bed??!!" I discussed it with my doc and he said that there is a build up of old blood and sometimes it just released.
    Anyway, It is normal, but if you still have more questions do go see someone else. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• wow ...i just had a period 2 weeks ago now I'm bleeding brown blood.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I used to have HORRIBLE periods til I got on yaz. I would bleed through a super plus in an hour for the first day or two. I would get on some bc to make it more normal and less bloody.. much easier to manage and not half the mess
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 1:50 AM on Apr. 23, 2009