Does this qualify as a bad friend?

I'm helping my best friend cheat on her husband. When he calls me, I tell her she is watching my kids for me so that I can go to work. But really she is going to her boyfriend's house.
They've been married for a long time, but she doesnt have the heart to leave him.
I feel like a bad friend helping her be an adultress. Her bf isn't married.
None of them have kids, but I steill feel bad.
What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Why is she cheating? Is he abusive? If so, help her leave. Is he your friend too? Then yes, you are a bad friend, to him.

In my opinion, you should stand up to your friend and tell her you won't lie for her anymore. If she doesn't want to be in a committed relationship with her hubby, she should end it.

Think about it this way, would you want your Hubby's friends lying and covering for him if he were cheating? Think how hurt you would be to be betrayed not only by him, but by his friends as well. Put yourself in her Hubby's place, then you will know the right thing to do...
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 1:12 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My friend was in this situation once. It gets difficult once she's found out, b/c her dh will ask you how long you've known, why you didn't tell him etc
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Um. OK, you're being a good friend to the woman in this case.

Sort of like an accomplice in a crime though.

Do yourself a favor. Extricate yourself from this situation. Get to know these people a LOT less.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Sometimes a GOOD friend tells the truth even if it hurts. A good friend tries to keep one from making mistakes.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 1:16 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I had a friend who started cheating with a married man. She was good friends with his wife and attended their children's baptisms and birthday parties!

It was a no brainer for me. As soon as she told me what was going on with this "friend" I told her that it was dead wrong and that she should respect a marriage and stay out of it. She had all kinds of excuses to justify her actions, so I told her that I wanted nothing to do with her and that I would never keep secrets or lie to anyone about it. I never looked back. Your "friend" doesn't sound worth doing this for, and in your shoes, I would stop. It makes you just as bad as her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I think you are being a great friend (loyal, devoted, willing to do whatever she needs) but, I think you're being a pretty shitty person. It's up to you which is more important.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• She's being a bad friend by putting you in that position. You obviously don't feel comfortable about it or you wouldn't be posting this. Put a stop to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Apr. 23, 2009