My 31/2 month old only recognizes me

Lately my three in half month old daughter has been acting very fussy lately and the other night i was taking a shower my husband was watching her and when i came out she was bawling, she didn;t stop crying for thirty minutes straight, until she finally fell asleep. My husband went on a business trip for two nights when he came back, she stared at him then she started screaming and crying and as soon as he would hold her, she would start crying again. It seems like she smiles at people from far away but as soon anyone tries to talk to her or hold her she throws a tantrum. Any advice on what I should do to get her to trust others. especially my husband, She seems very attached to me, and only me.

Imans_mommy

Asked by Imans_mommy at 1:14 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are BFing, cosleeping SAHM, then this I can understand, as am I. Mine didn't respond with eagerness to daddy until 7mo almost.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Try sitting right next to him while he holds her so she knows that you are allowing it and that he is cool. I am trying to think of all the things I am going to have to do when my husband gets home from deployment. The last time he saw her she was 2wks, she will be about 6months when he gets home
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 1:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Totally normal, mama!! She is learning that there are other people in the world besides you and those people are scary! LOL Really, it sounds like typical "stranger anxiety" maybe mixed with a little introversion.
    I found that my introverted baby is a little more likely to smile and "talk" to people when I have her in the sling. She feels more secure knowing that she is close to mommy and bundled in there. So it gives her a little more confidence. (Plus, I have also found that people are less likely to touch my baby, who has illness-induced asthma, when she is in the sling, making her less likely to get sick-YAY!)

Have daddy and others you want her to get to know do it while you are holding her for a little while. She'll be reaching for daddy in no time.
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 1:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• She's not throwing tantrums, she's much too young. You are her comfort zone, help her to be comfortable with other people by easing her into it rather than carelessly thrusting her into the arms of strangers(the way she sees it, I'm not bashing).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• enjot it! she will always be your friend!!
    sorry daddy, you have a mama's girl try cosleeping with Daddy?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:33 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Totally normal, she just wants your love and attention.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Apr. 23, 2009