Should I Go To The ER?

OK, I have had this Flu-like thing going on for almost 24 hours now. My normal temp runs between 96-97 degrees. My whole family is like that - having lower body temps. My temp at it's highest was 101.3, I took some Nyquil about 45 minutes ago as of 12:15pm (CST) and my temp is still at 100.1 My whole body hurts from my hair to my toenails. I have diarrhea, but I am still able to eat and drink even though it goes right through me. I have extreme fatigue, cough, and some wheezing. Also a sore throat & running nose. What do you think? Oh, and by the way, I haven't been sick like this in nearly-5 years.

neonds13

Asked by neonds13 at 1:15 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Health

• Drink a lot! Get Active Manuka Honey in the morning!

Drinking and Drinking if you do not you could have a heart attack or dehydrate!

You may already need an IV

You could have MRSA of the lung not too scare you nut get it tested if you are dillusional it prob. is getting septic, not that u are!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• not nut need lol
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:20 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Sounds like you could have Strep Throat. WebMD has a symptom checker:

http://symptoms.webmd.com/default.htm

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• go to the ER! My MIL almost died from what you are describing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't head to the ER but let things run their course and maybe make an appointment to see a doctor.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:24 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• No reason for the ER. Call your doc in the morning
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My husband and I both had that just last week. It ran its course and we were fine within about 36 hours. It is really a personal choice. There was a really bad bug going around here so a lot of people here ended up with it. Most that I knew of (my sister works in a long term care facility so I knew a lot of ill people) recovered well within 24-36 hours. Depending on how many times you are actually going to the bathroom and how much you are drinking. Extreme thirst, sunken eyes, decreased urine output are all symptoms of dehydration. If you are urinating at least every 6 hours, you aren't really high risk for dehydration.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:27 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Call after hours to speak to a doctor on call.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• go to the ER my MIL refused to go and I called 911 and EMT said she would have died if she did not get on antibiotics through IV. Call 911 if you cannot drive!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:27 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• gatorade right away! replenish your electrlytes
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:30 AM on Apr. 23, 2009