• In the Spotlight:

What do you do with?

Your baby's old stuff? Most of my son's stuff I got at Once Upon a Child or places like that or yard sales so it's not very good anymore. And i've already decided I'm going to get all new stuff with my other kids- it'll be four years until I have another one. I just don't know what to do with all his stuff. I mean, I'm keeping the clothes that mean something to me, like what he wore home form the hospital and things like that. I'm having a hard time giving his stuff away. But most of it will be out of date by the time I have more. Like his changing table or his swing. I've already said that my friend who's 17 can have his car seat-which I bought new and I've got a bunch of other stuff I can give her but I can't let go of it. Any one else have this problem?

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 1:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• With my oldest (8 years old) after she outgrew everything, I gave everything away (except certain stuff). At the time - I didn't want anymore kids, so I was fine with giving everything away. Then I got pregnant again (they are 3 1/2 years apart). Yes, I wish I would've kept some stuff, but we started all over again. And when she didn't need her crib, playpen, swing, bouncy chair, I also gave it all away. I don't like clutter, and if I don't need it - I get rid of it. But I think it's normal to not want to get rid of stuff. You'll do it when you're ready!
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 1:24 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My little girl has been living with my since she was 2 years old she's now 4 and I'm adopting her. I am the same way with her. I think maybe because I know she's growing up and I don't want her to just yet! And getting rid of her old things makes room for new big girl things. I am so emotional when I have to get rid of clothes and things she's outgrown. She's my baby! So you're not alone :)
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 1:24 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I donated all my sons old clothing and i gave most of my daughters stuff to my sister in-law who is having a girl. I just found out i'm pregnant again so if this one turns out to be a girl she will just give me back what i gave her as her daughter outgrows it, our kids are only going to be 4 months apart. If this one turns out to be a boy then we will have to get everything new or somewhat new. I didn't have a problem giving up my kids clothes because i knew they were going to someone who could use it.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• it is just stuff! Give it away to someone who needs it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• As I was having children I kept everything that wasn't stained. I was always on the look-out for hand-me-downs from friends and shopped at thrift stores. After my last child I just gave everything away as she outgrew and outused it all. Of course, I kept most precious items, such as their take home outfits from the hospital and such.

I now have an infant granddaughter living with us and as she outgrows things I am saving them, except for the stained items. I also plan on keeping all the fixtures and items that she doesn't use anymore as she gets older. I'm sure there will be other grandchildren in the future! :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:46 AM on Apr. 23, 2009