What is your opinion of the LDS church?

Why do some consider them wierd? I really want to know as I am trying to decide if I want to go to their church.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If you want doctrine go here http://www.mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/basic-beliefs/the-restoration-of-truth/the-restoration-of-truth

I don't understand what you mean by "if we are Christians what are we supposed to do?"

We are supposed to do the best we can in life. Everyday we should strive to be a better person than we were the day before. People will argue and bash each other, that is life. Do what you feel is right. Do what is right for you and your family and don't worry about the rest.

AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 3:17 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I think it is similar to a cult. They pull you in and never let you leave.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• crazy people!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• YES! A cult , and they ACTUALLYthink they can be like God I saw in a movie plus add on their own bible or book from one crazy man's dream!DANGEROUS!!! BAPTIST DO NOT STRAY FROM THE BIBLE! STICK TO THEM!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• false teachings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I was raised in Utah (I'm not Mormon) and they are like a cult. Some of the stuff they believe in is crazy! My husbands unit got 4 new guys, and all of them are Mormon, and they are some strange people. It all made sense after we found out their religion. I never  judge anyone based, on sex, race, religion or anything else. But these people are just out there....so I guess they're the exception - as bad as that sounds.

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 2:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• So anyone got any ACTUAL information??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Ohh you saw it in a movie 2mothers!! It has GOT to be true if you saw it on TV! *sarcasm
    OP why are you on here asking what we think? If you want to look into another church than do it. Does it really matter what some strangers on cafemom think? You need to make decisions for your self. Do what you feel is right.
    I am guessing this is just a post to start drama though.
    Anonymous

• Please explain what the crazy cult like things you are talking about?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• IF you want real info than talk to them about it. No one here is an expert on Mormonism. Make the choice for yourselve.
    That being said I have known and worked with lots of LDS people and they all seem nice regular people. No cults nothing crazy, just basic family values.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2009