Married couples

What does it mean when ur husband refuses to give you his email password. Mine is saying he would rather get a divorce then give me his password....he has mine....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• means either A. he is a egotistic jerk needing everything to himself or B. somethings fishy. GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 2:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I would get very offended like he has something to hide, thats screwed up that he's saying he's rather get a divorce than you have his password... my SO has all my passwords to stuff
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:20 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I don't know my husband's but have never asked. He's never asked for mine.
    Not sure what it means that your husband says that, but I'd be really upset about him saying he'd want a divorce before he'll share his password.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 2:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It could mean he has something to hide. OR it could mean he feels violated and hurt by your not totally trusting him.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:24 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• yeah hes hidding sumthin, dont let him girl
    baby-cakes

Answer by baby-cakes at 2:40 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I think it means that you all have a LOT of serious talking to do. It sounds like there are some trust and boundary issues here - whether he's offended because you don't trust and respect his boundaries, or whether he's doing something that makes him untrustworthy and doesn't respect the boundaries of your marriage.

Either way, I think you two need to do some MAJOR talking and soul searching about it. Also, as much as I hate to say it, while generally I would respect his boundaries, I think I would do some snooping around and see if there was any reason to not be trusting him in other areas of your life. Plus, truthfully, if, after doing a lot of talking about it, and soul searching to see if I believed his reasons or not, I think I would consider downloading a keylogger. Not to get his password, but to see where he might be going/doing on the net that was so secret.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:59 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• cont

Honestly though, that's a pretty drastic measure that's going to make him have a lot of serious trust issues about YOU, so I would be VERY careful, and VERY sure about what you're doing before you go that route. The consequences could be very bad for your marriage.

Good luck!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:01 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• You got me girl,have had somthing sorta like that happen with me. i came home from work early one evening he was on the puter,when he should of being getting ready to go to work. He went alright but forgot, left his Yahoo Messenger on..come to find out it wasn't the one he talks to me on. had a whole nother messger with a different name .you know what i copied all the names off of it 47 woman.got there name address and everthing.. with having it on it goes into his mail so i forwarded everything to mine.. then i called him at work..he said some bull about it being nothing.. i said okay your computer will be laying out in the middle of the yard when you get home. he said he would just get another one. and i told him i just get another husband then. he said okay and he closed the account with messger.and i check and he did but who's to say he don't do it again..if findly came down to us just trusting one another.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• He has another women.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It means he either has something to hide or he doesn't trust you.  Either way, it isn't a good sign.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:50 AM on Apr. 23, 2009